A Fundraiser in Freedom Village for Old Home Week
And the winning ducks are………
First Place: #1075, sponsored by Sarah Tabor
Second Place: #910, sponsored by Lily Milner
Third Place: #114, sponsored by Swapna Kalusani
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all who supported Freedom Old Home Week on Ducky Day!
At the bridge on Mill Pond in Freedom Village up to 1,200 ducks will go over the dam at the stroke of Noon! Monetary Prizes will be awarded to the first three ducks that go over the dam. First prize = $200, second prize = $100, third prize = $50. Chances on the ducks will be sold up to 11:55 am. One ticket for $2, 3 tickets for $5; all proceeds to the Old Home Week activities. Chances of winning depend upon the number of tickets sold.
Ducky Day Schedule of Events
– Masons food tent: hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausage sandwiches, soft drinks and dessert
– Ducky games for children
– Free rides on Freedom’s antique fire engine
– Free rides on a horse-drawn hay wagon
– Appearance by the one and only Mr. Duck!
– Old Home Week merchandise for sale, including Freedom tiles and calendars
noon: Ducky Race
Also in the Village
9am Bake sale on the front lawn of First Christian Church
9am Ladies Guild quilt and craft sale at First Christian Church
9am-2pm Freedom Village Store open
10am-noon Freedom Historical Society & Museum open
10am-noon Library book sale
Get Your Ducky Day Tickets
Prior to Ducky Day
– At the Freedom Transfer Station on Bennett Road during normal business hours
– At the Post Office Fridays and Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon
– At the Freedom Village Store
On the day of the race
Get Your Ducky Day Shirts and Bandanas, Commemorative Tiles and 2017 Old Home Week T-shirts and Sweatshirts
– At Ducky Day, Saturday June 24
– At the Old Home Week Parade, Saturday July 29
– At most events during Freedom Old Home Week
Want to get involved in the great Freedom tradition of Ducky Day? We need helpers both in the weeks leading up to the event, and on the morning of the event. Please consider these fun opportunities which require only a couple of hours of your time:
– Help count and organize the ducks prior to Ducky Day
– Help sell tickets around town prior to Ducky Day
– Help supervise children’s games on Ducky Day
– Help sell tickets and merchandise on Ducky Day
Call 603-969-4949 for more information.
Be sure to visit our Facebook page for more information and pictures about Freedom and Freedom Old Home Week events!