A Fundraiser in Freedom Village for Old Home Week
Click here to view Ducky Day flyer.
Summary of Freedom Ducky Day 2016
It was a perfect summer day: sunny and in the mid-eighties, with the condition of the race course “slow and wet” according to master of ceremonies Karl Ogren. A large crowd consisting of kids of all ages enjoyed the ducky games, face painting, and free rides on the antique fire engine and horse-drawn wagon, while Mr. Duck was busy greeting and taking pictures with young and old.
All 1200 ducky tickets were sold, with the last few being snapped up just prior to the start of the race. Despite the water level being a little low due to little rain in recent days, the ducks were still eager to see who could get over the dam first. Blue duck #209 led the pack, with yellow duck #33 and blue duck #968 following close behind.
Many “quacks” to the following individuals for helping to make Freedom Ducky Day 2016 a great success
At the bridge on Mill Pond in Freedom Village up to 1,200 ducks will go over the dam at the stroke of Noon! Monetary Prizes will be awarded to the first three ducks that go over the dam. First prize = $200, second prize = $100, third prize = $50. Chances on the ducks will be sold up to 11:55 am. One ticket for $2, 3 tickets for $5; all proceeds to the Old Home Week activities. Chances of winning depend upon the number of tickets sold.
Ducky Day Schedule of Events
– Masons food tent: hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausage sandwiches, soft drinks and dessert
– Ducky games for children
– Free rides on Freedom’s antique fire engine
– Free rides on a horse-drawn hay wagon
– Appearance by the one and only Mr. Duck!
– Old Home Week merchandise for sale
noon: Ducky Race
Also in the Village
9am Bake sale on the front lawn of First Christian Church
9am Ladies Guild quilt and craft sale at First Christian Church
9am-2pm Freedom Village Store open
10am-noon Library book sale
Get Your Ducky Day Tickets
Prior to Ducky Day
– At the Freedom Transfer Station on Bennett Road during normal business hours
– At the Post Office Wednesdays through Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon
– At Freedom House Antiques, 17 Old Portland Rd, Wednesdays thru Saturdays from 10 AM to 5 PM
On the day of the race
Get Your 2016 Old Home Week T-shirts and Sweatshirts
– At Ducky Day, Saturday June 25
– At the Old Home Week Parade, Saturday July 30
– At the 40th Annual Arts & Crafts Fair, Friday August 5
– At the 40th Annual SEMH Luncheon and Artisan Fair, Saturday August 6, South Eaton Meeting House
– At the Freedom Village Store
Want to get involved in the great Freedom tradition of Ducky Day? We need helpers both in the weeks leading up to the event, and on the morning of the event. Please consider these fun opportunities which require only a couple of hours of your time:
– Help count and organize the ducks prior to Ducky Day
– Help sell tickets around town prior to Ducky Day
– Help supervise children’s games on Ducky Day
– Help sell tickets and merchandise on Ducky Day
Call 603-969-4949 for more information.
Be sure to visit our Facebook page for more information and pictures about Freedom and Freedom Old Home Week events!